Garrett's Hypotonia Story

This is the blog about my son, Garrett. He was born in 2003 with hypotonia, but he does not have a diagnosis. His hypotonia seems to be mild to moderate.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Sure Steps and Shoes

Garrett's PT gave us a pair of Sure Steps to use. Garrett's feet roll inward when he walks, so the PT thinks he needs these to prevent knee and hip problems in the future. At first, I wasn't liking the idea. I'm okay with it now because he actually WANTS to wear them. Imagine that. The only problem now is getting his shoes on over them. His current shoes just won't work. I don't know how the PT did it, but I cannot for the life of me get his shoes on. He put the Sure Steps on Garrett and brought him out with his shoes on. I have managed to get his shoes on once, but that was because I unlooped the velcrox strips. I guess it's time to shop for shoes again...

I will try to remember to post a picture of Garrett with his Sure Steps on.

On an unrelated note, I quit one of my jobs yesterday. I was really sad to do it. I've worked there for over 4 years. Actually, I'm only sad to be losing the discount. They said I could still use my discount for 2 more weeks and they won't schedule me! That was really nice of them! I know Christmas will be more calm this year. I am usually working like a crazy person during the few weeks leading up to Christmas. That is the nature of retail though. I sure will miss that discount, but my life really needed to be simplified.